Monday, December 13, 2010

Tees Maar Khan Promotion















The raunchy item number 'Sheila ki Jawani' might be the highlight in the promotions of 'Tees Maar Khan' but actor Akshay Kumar says the film is a clean family entertainer. "Tees Maar Khan is a simple comedy, not one with double-meaning or innuendoes, and a wholesome family entertainer. I


related stories
PHOTOS: Press conference of Tees Maar Khan
Sheila ki jawani spices up Tees Maar Khan
Sheila ki Jawaani one of my raunchiest songs: Katrina
am hopeful it will connect with the audience," said Akshay.
The 44-year-old actor, who is also the co-producer of the film, said that he did not have to take any added responsibilites as director Farah Khan handled it all well.

"With Farah as the director I did never have to wear the producer's hat. Farah instead had many responsibilities as the director, choregrapher and man manager. And I am happy to have her as the director," said Akshay, who was in the city to promote the film releasing on Christmas eve.

The superstar recollected his days in Kolkata when he used to work in a travel agency in the early 80s, saying he was hopeful about the film doing well in this city whose pulse he knew so well.

"I used to work from that office in New Market area in 1980-81. A lot has changed, back then I used to walk along the street alone and now I am threatened with so many lenses and cameras. But the passion remains the same."

Kumar, who has had two successive flops Khatta Meetha and Action Replayy recently, would rather dwell on the positives and assert he only keeps working harder.

"I keep working and striving hard for each and every film. Everybody looks for a big hit and it is left to the audience. But my character in this film is certain to warm up to people, they would be able to relate to him who brags about killing 30 people but actually have ended up killing less than 10 mosquitos."

When asked whether the film would be as successful as this year's top grosser Dabangg, Akshay said, "There is no competition. I am happy Dabangg ended up becoming a superhit film. It was very well made. I am equally hopeful about Tees Maar Khan."

He said he will continue to work in quality films which are entertaining with a sound script as an actor. Akshay also complimented his co-star Katrina Kaif for her performance.

"I have had a wonderful experience with Katrina and I am happy that her dance number in the film is being compared with pop star Shakira and not with Munni in Dabangg as was being done frequently wherever we went earlier," said Akshay.

No comments: